Benefits of Membership
The Medical and Dental Consultants Association is a representative body of like-minded doctors and dentists focused on private consultant practice in private hospitals. Its primary role is to enhance and develop independent private practice in Ireland focused on patient centred advocacy and to ensure that the right to maintain continuity of care is protected.
- It robustly defends and protects the legitimate rights of its members.
- It negotiates on behalf of doctors and dentists in their professional relationships with:
- Private hospitals, clinics and outpatient providers
- Medical indemnity insurance providers
- Health insurance providers
- State bodies such as the National Treatment Purchase Fund (NTPF)
- It lobbies relevant bodies including Government, negotiating actively on behalf of full-time private practice in this country.
- It seeks to inform, educate and broaden the narrative through educational courses with members and the public
- It seeks to educate and inform general thinking through publicity campaigns, research policy submissions and public relations.